Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Prolific Not!

I am not prolific. Really, really not. Some days I have good intentions to accomplish great things. But I usually run out of steam well before I get anything done. By 8 pm, I'm up and down the stairs, rubbing ointment on cracked hands, bribing the dog onto some one's bed, and generally waiting on people. By 9 pm, I'm sitting on the couch (yes, even if the kitchen isn't perfectly clean). My husband and I need this time to regroup and laugh together. The networks don't always cooperate, but Netflix does. We can almost always find something funny to stream. Oh, and there's usually a glass of wine in the room. Sometimes I can actually accomplish a small pesky thing from the couch. Folding laundry is a perfect example. We often stay up later than we should, shutting it all down around 11 or so. But what of all those inventors and geniuses; writers, poets and artists - when do they get all that great stuff done? If it's during the evenings, I am in deep shit.