Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Good Jeans


I spent a ridiculous amount of time shopping for jeans at West Farms yesterday. While not typically on my radar, I have known for some time that I infrequently step out in style. Those occasions are usually aligned with a holiday or black tie affair (in which case I borrow something from a friend). I had been told by some that my jeans were not helping me maximize my assets if you know what I mean. So off to the mall, first stop J. Crew. I felt like such an idiot because the sizing was completely foreign to me and I got nowhere fast. At the next stop, I grabbed a pair that were size 00P. But I wish that I had realized sooner what it actually means: oops, wrong size. The petite thing is definitely the way to go for me, scraping the underside of 5 feet and 1 inch in height. By now I was practically sprinting through the mall. I would not leave without jeans. I covered the Gap, Banana Republic, and Loft, and then I changed course and walked into J.C. Penney. No exaggeration, I grabbed 12 pairs at a time and headed to the fitting room. By the way, did anyone know that Gloria Vanderbilt is still in the game? I spent under an hour at my last stop and bought 3 pairs including Liz Claiborne, Gloria Vanderbilt and St. John's Bay. I was happy. They looked good and fit well. And all three pairs totaled less than one pair at J. Crew. I got them for seventy bucks. So next time you see me around town, check out my maximized assets.