Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Too good for them

This is my other blog. The blog where I can write about my life as a person, rather than my life as a mother. I like the name, "Not Fully Cooked Yet", because I'm just not done. I've been thinking about relationships... again. When you live in a small town, it's easy to think that everyone likes you. But they don't. So as I tend to do, I observe interactions between people, myself included. And I notice that certain people don't care for me very much. Usually, this doesn't bother me too much, but I'd be lying if I said that it didn't bother me at all. And for anyone who keys into that sort of thing, it's downright transparent to read people this way. It's weird to admit, "hey, so and so doesn't care for my sense of humor, or so and so thinks I'm a hypocrite". You then owe it to yourself (that is if you want to come out ego-strong) to consider what your feelings are for that person. Usually you feel similarly towards that person. That's a relief. But if you still don't feel better, it may be time to put into practice that old advice we've all heard from our parents. "You're too good for them." Years ago, my mother often used those words for my benefit. It was comforting. But without her around (she died in 1992), I have to whisper those words to myself. And after all this time, they still work their magic for me.