Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Say It Out Loud

So funny that my last post, referencing my mother's soothing advice, was on her birthday. I didn't consciously think of it on the actual day. But I do strange things with dates when it comes to remembering loss. When she died years ago, it was at the end of January, but I still don't remember which day. I did that intentionally, remaining vague so her death would not be forever associated with one day. Anyhoo, it's fun to write about things you don't get to say during polite conversation. I'm afraid that this blog may head in that direction. I've always been that way, wanting to express, but often repressing, the ideas that most people rarely give voice to. And I don't consider myself a devil's advocate either. Being contrary for the sake of sport isn't really my thing. I feel that my tendency to say what I think and feel keeps me feeling young. But more than that, it keeps me feeling like me. A friend wrote in my high school yearbook, "You are a very unusual person and I respect your individuality!" Why, thank you.