Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pulling an All-Nighter

Around my house things get done. And by things, I mean things that really should get done. For instance, we always have something clean to wear. And we always have something good to eat. We practice decent hygiene (with the exception of the ten year old who still believes that the shower is akin to a torture chamber). We clean dishes and put them away. We exercise our bodies and read books. Collection agencies don't call, so it seems that the bills are actually being paid on time. Outside the lawn gets a regular trim and the pool gets a granular diet. Yet occasionally I fantasize about pulling an all-nighter. Although I haven't actually done this yet, doing this once a month might be a good starting point. I could stay up all night and pay bills, organize files and receipts, edit and order photos, fold MORE laundry, mend things, clean out the refrigerator, and research our next vacation. The reason that I haven't yet incorporated the all-nighter as a means to diminish my to-dos is that I'm afraid of the day after. The next day could materialize the nightmare I skipped by cheating sleep and that would suck.