Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Too Cheap for a Cupcake Carrier




So a couple of times a year, I bake cupcakes for my kids' in-school birthday celebrations. Typically, I need to transport between 20 and 30 cupcakes. The other day, I saw a mother carrying her cupcakes in a carrier. I sighed because I have passed on this item again and again, thinking that I should be able to make do WITHOUT. Afterall, my kids are 7, 9 and 11, and eventually they won't want me bringing cupcakes to class anymore. So each year passes and I find a way to carry them without the cool-beyond-a-doubt contraption. I have used shirt boxes and rimmed trays lined with foil or waxed paper. Everytime I'm close to breaking down, I consider what I will do with a cupcake carrier when my kids are 12, 14 and 16. And so the martyr lives on...