Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Get to know me!

Anyone who knows me knows that I've always worn my heart on my sleeve. And through the years, more than one person has probably thought, "too much information" during a conversation with me. I can't explain it, but I feel invisible when I'm unable to reveal something about who I am, beyond the obvious - mother, wife and daughter. I want you to know what gives me joy, and what can derail me without warning. This is probably why I much prefer a gathering with just a few friends, or why idle chit-chat leaves me wanting. I crave substance and emotion from dialog. I want to get at it - the meat behind even the most disingenuous "how are you?" Life really is short, and so much of it can feel stalled. Why hang out on the surface when there's such a colorful world beneath the sea?